Sunday, October 30, 2011

Turtle is dead

Turtle died on Wednesday. It happened in the night. We found him dead when I woke up. I was very upset. I was all alone when I got home from school; Shirley was preparing dinner. Dad found me crying when he came home, and promised we would bury him together. Dad put our friend in a box and put it in the fridge so that it wouldn't get too smelly.

Theodore said he had a plan for the burial. Today, after rugby training, we went to the park near our flat. Theodore chose a few spots and tried digging. It didn't work, so he found a spot under a hedge. Then he and Dad dug a hole; I helped scrape out the earth. When the hole was deep enough, Dad placed Turtle into the bottom. I helped cover him up with soil.

Theodore then wrote 'Turtle 2011 RIP" on a pair of wooden chopsticks, and drove it into the ground covering our dead pet. We cried; we were also bitten many times by mosquitos.
This is a map I drew of where we buried Turtle

No comments: